[NTLK] (OT) re: Courier

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 06:40:31 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/04/07 08:13, Forrest Buffenmyer at anasazi4st at me.com wrote ~~~

> If you believe that something like this could have occurred, it's even more
> baffling why Microsoft hasn't been able to release anything that's held any of
> the promise hinted at with the Newton.

Interesting story, Forrest, and yes, I do fancy I hear the aethereal theme
to "X-files" in the background.  But I think your last paragraph holds the
answer.  As much as I'd like to quip that Micro$oft's baffling failure is
simply explained by noting that they couldn't find their own apps with both
hands and a map, that failure isn't an option with M$; it's built in, etc.,
etc., the fact is that (even) M$ would have a hard time failing to create
something Newton-like if:  [a] they'd already been given the necessary
technology by Apple as that story describes, and [b] Gates really wanted to
do it as badly as that story seems to indicate.

Of course, it's always possible that the aliens who gave Apple the Newton
technology in the first place decided we were wasting it, so they returned
to Earth to take it back.  All that's left now are these Newtons and eMates
we use and care for.

The Truth Is Out There.

Somewhere.

Shalom.