[NTLK] MessagePad 2100 recell problem

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Sat Aug 7 22:49:02 EDT 2010

On Aug 07, 2010, at 07:13 PM, Gavin Watson <gavin83209 at gmail.com> wrote:

By thermistor, I meant the little
yellow square. It has been reattached with a few strands of what used
to be twisted copper wire and electrical tape as a temporary measure,
but it still doesn't seem to be working quite right.

Sorry to ask you this, it's such an elemental question...but you are soldering these connections, right? I'm referring to your mention of the reattachment of the yellow square, above.

I ask this because, when I did my first pack, I didn't see the need to solder the wires from positive tip to negative base. "Certainly just having them press together will be all the contact they require."

Wrong answer! I would guess there was too much resistance...and it didn't work.

Please accept my apologies if this doesn't apply, and you are soldering everything. Again, maybe a dumb question...but I'm trying to think of other potential possibilities to solve your problem.

Thanks,

--Forrest