[NTLK] Just the Fax, Deux(d)

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Mon Feb 15 13:53:00 EST 2010

On Monday, February 15, 2010 at 8:47 am James Fraser wrote:

> Does anyone know if any of the Megahertz
> PCMCIA modems will work with an MP120
> (assuming it's running 2.0)?  I ask
> because the UNNA entry for the driver
> for the 14.4 model:

Why... Back in the day, I used to dial up my MP120 to a shell account using a Megahertz XJ4288. I think I even flashed that thing to 33.6kbps. Slow at that speed, but I was able to send and receive emails.

Did some faxing, just for fun. Found it only semi-reliable with the current improvements (ie ECC) faxing technology.

Emailing with GoFetch and a shell account was a cool treat for a MP120 in 2003. Only minimal effort to get it going, as I recall. Used a Modem Modifier app on the Newt to create a copy of a default modem driver/script.

But, once you're wireless on a 2100, there is no going back.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM