[NTLK] MP2000 Screen

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Fri Feb 26 12:47:42 EST 2010

On 2/26/10, Lyle Beckman wrote:

>I will have to get a screen protector and try that.  I've tossed up a couple
>pictures at this link if anyones interested in the screen's condition.
>http://lylesnewt.blogspot.com/2010/02/newton-2000-screen.html

A screen protector probably won't help much to hide the wear that you
have.  I have one with similar wear patterns.  I think that the coating
on the screen was 'soft'.  It shows wear from the on-screen keyboard,
the up, down and overview buttons, the close and routing buttons, and
the card stack in the original Solo DX when playing the pyramid game
(the latter is all mine).

I have one additional suggestion that you might try before putting a
NuShield on.  Get one of those wax pencils that is sold to hide
scratches in eyglasses, and follow the instructions (making sure that
the screen is clean of anything gritty first).  This does an OK job of
hiding the wear spots, and does help somewhat when viewing thru the
NuShield.

One thing that I don't like about screen protectors on the Newton is
loss of contrast.  It definitely makes the screen harder to read.

 - Don