[NTLK] To keep or not

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 5 22:43:07 EST 2010

Hi Mike

Grrr.  IMO ageism is one of the most insidious evils of modern western society.
Don't you believe it.  When I went through Varsity there was a 68 year old who
was in my Calculus 101 class.  She went on to graduate with honours four years
later.

Don't you listen to those people.  They are ignorant bigots. [rant almost over]

The other thing is when you see how inane some of the apps on iTune are, you
gotta wonder if anyone could do better at conceiving more useful apps.

The beauty of this era is the unprecedented opportunity it presents to earn from
the production and sale of intellectual property.

Life is to be embraced with a healthy sense of youthful enthusiasm no matter
what your age. [rant over]

[snip]
I have never done it for a living and have been told I'm too old to ever get
good at it.
[snip]

The good thing about a PC is that you have expansion slots. Hopefully you have
one spare. Your local electronics store is sure to have a PCI serial adapter.
That's what I have on my PC.

[snip]
I cannot communicate between my current PC and the Newton, no serial port and
it's too fast for the Newton.
[snip]

Another thought:  You could set up a personal web server on your PC and allow
your Newton to connect via Ethernet.  Then you can download pkgs without having
to go the serial route.

HTH

Warm regards

Tony Kan