[NTLK] Year 2010 and v2.0 Newton OS

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jan 7 16:23:07 EST 2010

Ron

I don't know if Eckhart can help with the NOS 2.0 machines because AFAIK he only
has MP2x00 and an eMate someone donated for the task.  If the NOS 2.0 machines
need a patch and if Eckhart is the only person in a position to make one, a MP
120 and an MP130 will most likely need to be donated to him for development and
testing purposes...

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Yes... No... Maybe... Gosh... I just can't tell anymore. Dates and Times on ALL
my NOS v2.O Newtons have gone wonky. I'm still able to get my emails, wirelessly
. I think I'm also able to reach out from my 2100... are you receiving? Test...
test... (arrgh!)

Yes, my MP 120 v2.0 starting acting up last year. Setting its date to any date
in 2009 or beyond causes a continuous rebooting. It does, however, like the date
November 1, 1995.

Yes, my MP 130 has a Y2010 Bug. Trying to set my 130's date and time is like
playing lawn darts in the dark. It jumps to December 29, 1975... then the clock
will not launch, then "Bling" welcome to November 1, 1995.

[snip]