[NTLK] 2010 Solved Thanks!!

Dr. James Charney james.charney at yale.edu
Mon Jan 11 08:02:19 EST 2010

Hi--I had been off the list for the last 6 months or so and wasn't aware of the 2010 problem until, coming back from holiday, I tried to access my appointments for today.  rude surprise as the Newton thought Today was in 1996, and wouldn't let me reset it.  I thought that this might really be it---the final failure that would mean I could no longer use my Newton as my daily appointment scheduler, as I have for the last, what, 10 years.
	Anyway, I went to the Newton List archives and there was an active discussion of the problem.  And even a solution. I installed the Patch---and the problem was fixed.
	Thank you all for being there---and being so knowledgeable about a device I use every day and love....
J Charney