[NTLK] The Apple Tablet (aka iNewt) saga, part 4,037,862

Ryan Vetter physicalconstants at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 11 21:52:49 EST 2010

I think we may have the jump on Apple.  This is really interesting.

www.fingerworks.com just went down.

If you didn't know, they are a multi-touch company that Apple bought some years ago.  You can see their site on swayback though.  It's actually pretty telling.  Take a look at the link below, and click on any of the multi-touch categories you are interested in.  I clicked on editing, and just learned how to cut, copy, and paste with their multi-touch.  If you click on each gesture heading, it will pop up a fully working animation of that gestures.  Wow.  This may be the spilled beans.

It looks as though, this is 'the' blueprint for gestures on Apple's new tablet.  I'm sure there will be differences, but it's really interesting to see this.  Tons of gestures for full system control.  Multi-touch alone is starting to make even more sense to me now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050203201948/www.fingerworks.com/igesture.html