[NTLK] Re - retrochallenge

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Jan 15 12:35:24 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Tim Chaten <tchaten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I happen to have an eMate which is now used for parts and is quite
> broken - just let me know how to take the part out that you need and
> I'd be happy to send it your way with whatever postage you want if you
> reimburse me.

I'm looking for the plastic cap/button on the eject lever/arm in the
eMate's PCMCIA slot. I'd assume it can be popped off once the case is
removed, but mine was shattered and I only recovered 3/4 of it, so I
don't know exactly how well it was originally secured.

It's been a while since I disassembled my eMate (and I have to do it
again soon), but I think you can remove the bottom case and then the
logic board to access the PCMCIA slot. The speaker wires are _very_
short and you may or may not be able to get the logic board out enough
to reach the PCMCIA slot without unsoldering them.

Let me know if you think it's do-able and I'll be more than happy to
pay the postage.

Many thanks,

Morgan Aldridge
---