[NTLK] Daring Fireball calls Newton "The Original Tablet"

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 17:51:21 EST 2010

First tablet? No, I don't think so....First PDA? Of course...As far as the first tablet is concerned, I think that honor goes to the AT&T EO 440. Or perhaps one of the GridPads...Both of these came out way before Microsoft had a clue...
I would add the HP 200LX, but that didn't have a touch-screen...
Ed
web/gadget guru

By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."