[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Mon Jan 18 14:38:24 EST 2010

Thank you for that post - very appropriate material for MLK Jr.'s
birthday today.

It was not my intent to insinuate that civil disobedience should
necessarily be applied to copyright law - I was merely pointing out
one way that the law can, and sometimes should, be superseded by the
people.

-Jim

On Jan 18, 2010, at 11:25 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> Yes, sometimes the law needs to be opposed outright.  But that isn't
> something to be done lightly.  And as a veteran of the civil rights
> movement
> and the 1960s peace movement, I'm glad to hear you include the
> responsibility of the person carrying out civil disobedience to take
> the
> consequences for his/her actions.  But as was made clear to us by
> people
> like Martin Luther King, civil disobedience ought to be reserved for
> when
> existing laws result in genuinely significant breaches of natural
> justice
> and moral decency.
[snip]