[NTLK] My new serial cable

Stefan Thorsteinson Stefan at TeamAircom.com
Wed Jan 27 08:18:51 EST 2010

Hi Jeremy,

FWIW: I use NCU on an LG notebook (Intel 2 CPU T5600, 1.83Ghz) running XP
Pro with Slowdown. I'm not sure we are using the same version of slowdown.
Mine is a 2" square window with two sliders-Seed & Reaction. I only use the
speed slider and find that I require about 5 instances of Slowdown at max
reduction in order to get a stable connection. I use the Keyspan USA-19HS
serial adapter. I've found that if there is any misalignment of the planets
or the speed of dust has changed, I may have to run a sixth instance of
slowdown with the slider at 50%. It took some experimenting to come up with
this combination. My test was doing a backup. Most of the time I didn't get
an error until it came to backing up packages. Everything else backed up
fine.

I'm surprised you are getting away with only one instance of Slowdown. Of
course, depending on your processor and  flavor of Slowdown YMMV. Have you
tried any more instances or increasing the percentage of Slowdown to see if
that helps? I can't speak for individual files as I'm usually just backing
up everything. HTH.

Cheers,
Stefan Thorsteinson