[NTLK] My new serial cable

Jeremy O'Brien obrien654j at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:55:19 EST 2010

Well I suppose I should eat my words. After much experimenting last
night, I couldn't even get notes to sync anymore. I'm running windows XP
in a virtual machine on my mac, using a serial->USB cable with a chipset
that is unsupported in OS X, and barely supported in Windows. I tried
three instances of the regular slowdown last night, but felt it might be
excessive, so I quit. I will try with 5+ today. If that fails, I will be
attempting network sync with NCX for the umpteenth time. So many ways to
sync a newt, yet each one is hit or miss. It makes me sad. I hope once I
get my prolific-based serial->USB cable, I will be able to sync to NCX
without issue...