[NTLK] Disconnecting Newton

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Wed Jan 27 17:58:22 EST 2010

> but I still get a communications error (-1) whenever I try to export works files.

For a start: The serial connection is more reliable when the Newton's supply voltage is higher. In
other words, make sure you have new batteries, fully charged rechargeables or (by far the most
promising version) the AC adapter plugged in when connecting.

After that, don't waste time with percentages. Start an instance of slowdown and drag the sliders
all the way to the right. If that isn't enough, start another instance. Depending on your computer
speed and hardware it can happen that reliable connections are only possible if your PC is slowed
down so much that normal usage isn't hardly possible anymore. With modern PCs this might require 5
or more instances of slowdown.

Frank