[NTLK] The death of a MessagePad 2000 battery

Jeremy O'Brien obrien654j at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 01:17:12 EST 2010

So my MessagePad's battery kicked the bucket yesterday, and will no
longer charge. I noticed a battery tray for it online for $35, which
seems a bit pricy to me for a molded piece of plastic and some
springs. Does anyone know of a battery solution for this thing that
can be acquired for cheaper? I have my eMate in the meantime, but
rebooting my eMate after every time I sync newtonworks files to NCX
over Ethernet is rather tiresome.

Thanks!
Jeremy