[NTLK] The death of a MessagePad 2000 battery

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Thu Jan 28 14:45:38 EST 2010

Even though $35 may seem like a lot of money, it is in fact an
excellent solution to powering the 2100.  It gives you the freedom to
travel without concern about charging or you can use rechargeable and
charge them outside the Newton.

Re-celling the battery pack is also an option.  I carefully cut mine
open along the seam and did a batteries on the half shell approach or
see Franks instruction to do it right
<http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html>

Buying one of the hundreds or thousands of 2x00s that will be on ebay
once the iPad is released ;-) may be a lot cheaper.  Should be able to
find one with a good battery.

Woody