[NTLK] The death of a MessagePad 2000 battery

Stephen Rudy srudy at cudc.org
Thu Jan 28 14:56:28 EST 2010

I'm with Woody. High capacity rechargeable AA cells are easy to find, and I can charge them with my fold up solar panels on the trail (2 at a time). The $35 AA sled is a more flexible power source than the Newton battery, and potentially higher capacity/runtime. Not a bad way to go.

Re-celling the factory battery pack was easy with the pre-tabbed cells I bought from e-bay. The hardest part was the careful case cracking. Home Re-cell cost me about $20 total. Getting close to the $35 sled, eh?

-Stephen