[NTLK] iPad

Ryan Vetter physicalconstants at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 28 17:16:13 EST 2010

I can't wait for this device to come out.  I have so many plans to use it.  Again, I was showing someone some media on a laptop sitting down together the other day, and the laptop is just not the form factor for it.

I have not decided what I will do with a keyboard though.  I will try the on screen keyboard, but I really want speech recognition to work with this.  That will be the killer app for those that have offices and need to write lots of emails, reports, etc.  Plantronics bluetooth headset will even pair and work with it.

The Pages application looks like the killer app too.  And Bento from Filemaker is going to be amazing on here.  With Pages, I think the documents I create on my computer I will offload onto the Slablet and do desktop publishing with it.  It looks so much faster and more intuitive to use multi-touch gestures to format and touch up documents.  Same with presentations.