[NTLK] Y2010 Fix Idea

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sun Jan 31 17:35:37 EST 2010

On Jan 31, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Don Zahniser wrote:

> My concern with that approach is that we would have to 'go online'
> every
> time we had to reboot the Newton, and that is decidedly not a
> universal
> fix.  OK for those who choose to use a wireless card, but anything
> else
> starts to get really inconvenient.

A very good point. I guess I was thinking of this solution within the
context of my own situation, where I have an NPDS server connected to
the net at all times. This is certainly not going to work for everyone.

> I do, however, think an update to NetTime would provide a really,
> really
> useful tool, and would encourage following up on that anyway.

Indeed. If anyone has any leads on the source code for NetTime (old
Newton developer discs, PIE archives, etc.) please let me know.

g.

Grant Hutchinson

Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

http://splorp.com
http://mtile.us/splorp
http://flickr.com/splorp
http://twitter.com/splorp