[NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:02:42 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/01/31 22:26, Valerio Paris Mitritsakis at valerio at mitritsakis.gr
wrote ~~~

> I fail to see an apology to Eckhart from you despite that one is due.

For the record, he did:

> ...                                          I have addressed where my
> frustrations (in my original post, made several hours ago) were vented.  In
> other words, not at you, Mr. Koeppen.  I am sorry that my words upset you.
> They were not intended to bring hurt to you, for reasons I have just given
> above.

He goes on to repeat his appreciation and gratitude to Eckhart for his
brilliant work.

But more important than that should be our willingness to cut one another
some slack.  At least as far as Newtons are concerned, and without getting
all 4-beers-soppy about it, we're all we have, like some kind of family or
team or whatever.  For my part I can accept that other people here mean
better than they sometimes might write (I know I do).  If there's anyone who
has the right to feel that James still hasn't gone far enough in his apology
surely it would be Eckhart not us.  I don't see that we can do that for him.

I really hope this won't turn into a thread of post-autopsies and
recriminations; we're better than that.  I could be wrong but to me, James
explained himself and the way his annoyance got the better of him.  All he
did was not to be explicit sufficiently about what he did or didn't mean.
We've all been reminded how easy it is to assume people can understand what
we mean without explaining ourselves.

For my own part I'm happy with that.

Just my 2p.

Shalom.

Christian

I know you think you understand what you believe I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard
is not what I meant.

Fight Spam.  Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/