[NTLK] [OT] Mac OS question

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 10:46:14 EDT 2010

On 10/07/10 20:53PDT, Matt Howe wrote:
> Being mainly a Windows guy, I don't know much about Macs. But I like to
> expand my knowledge. I have a Mac G3 that I put into an IBM case making it a
> "IBMac" or a "Macenstein" but I digress. It is set up with Mac OS 9.2 and I
> was using it for some Newton Development with NTK. But I am no longer doing
> that so I am wondering, should I upgrade it to OSX? Will a G3 function
> acceptably with OSX? Or does it not have enough horse power?

Matt,
What was the source of the G3 logic board, PowerMac, iMac, etc.

Next what was the MODEL of the source:

For PowerMac the models are, Desktop, MiniTower, All-in-One, Blue-and-White

For iMac the models are, Bondi (or Original), Five-Flavors,
Slot-loading, Summer 2000, Early 2001, and Summer 2001

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

Newton MP 2100