[NTLK] [ANN] Y2010 + Y2008 fix for 2x00US Newtons

robinson pereira gaudo1196 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:03:06 EDT 2010

It is very gooood!!! Thanks, Koeppen and Guyot!

What we need, now, is just a way to read our cards with newton soup on
PCMPCIA pc ports...
Is it possible????
I am keeping on shape one MP2000 and one MP2100 just wainting an application
like that to run on my notebook. If you can develop a app to do that, should
be fantastic.

Cheers for all

Robinson Pereira

2010/7/16 Eckhart Koeppen <lists at 40hz.org>

> No duct tape of bumper case required here: Paul Guyot has come up with a
> way to prevent the reset to January 1st, 2008 with patch 71J059 after
> rebooting or power loss. I merged his changes into the next version of the
> Y2010 patch, version 711000:
>
> http://40hz.org/Pages/Patch%20711000
>
> This is unfortunately only for the US MP2x00 variants, German Newtons and
> eMates will need to wait a bit still.
>
> There have been again multiple people helping with testing, many thanks to
> Grant, Don and Tony for risking their Newtons! There is still one potential
> issue with Adam Tow's Alarm Clock app, but I think that it might be a
> generic Y2010 issue, and not related to the fix of the 2008 reset.
>
> The installation is pretty straightforward, the ZIP file contains the
> Patch.pkg file which can be installed on any patch level like 71J059 (with
> the exception of 710031, and any Fix2010 package).
>
> Many thanks to Paul for the clever fix!
>
> Eckhart

Robinson Pereira
Brasília - DF