[NTLK] Knowledge Navigator and iPad

Ryan Vetter ryanv at me.com
Fri Jun 4 13:15:04 EDT 2010

So as you are aware, the KN was depicted as being in I think 2010.  Well, that's the year of the iPad.

I wonder... because of constrained input methods (no system-wide speech recognition, and no stylus/handwriting recognition) should Apple have built in an Knowledge Navigator like assistant?  I thought about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that they should have for a few reasons.

1. It would increase people's productivity and reduce the amount of input required to accomplish tasks.  For example, "Get my news", maybe it reads out the top 15 stories.  The thought of this agent built in, with customizable settings, etc., is exciting.
2. AI is the near-future of computing.  Why not have introduced something really smart, really clever, with something like the iPad?

Ryan