[NTLK] OT: Vintage Apple stuff, anyone?

G. Isten gisela at tariffenet.it
Mon Mar 1 17:57:10 EST 2010

At work they're throwing out loads of old Apple stuff. By the end of the week they need to clear the space. Had a look today, and my heart bleeds...

Lots of SCSI stuff: Iomega SCSI drives (the ones that take 1 and/or 2Gb cartridges), enclosures for external SCSI disks, SCSI cables, quite a number of G4s, several SCSI hard drives (like those that MacPlusses and SEs used to sit on), two black G3 portables (I've never seen a Pismo, but I think they are; they're black, kinda shapey, and the keyboard of one is translucent, didn't look at the other), one PowerBook 5300c (not in the best of shapes, that one), several monitors and printers and scanners (I'm sure I saw two SCSI Agfa SnapScans and at least one LaserWriter 12/640), zillions of cables and adapters/connectors (most of which I have no idea what they're for), modems, you name it, some of it used, some not. It's an area approx. 5 m long, 1.5 m deep and 1 m high, packed with stuff.

I was in a rush today and just grabbed one bag of cables. Here's a quick-and-dirty picture of the contents:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/4874770/1/old_gear?h=a72904.

If any of that stuff is useful to anyone here, drop me a note. I'll gladly ship it off to you in the cheapest possible way. But be warned: I'm in Italy, so unless it's a really rare item (which I doubt the depicted cable salad is), postage to the US or elsewhere outside Europe may be too expensive to make it worth it.

Anyway, if there's any hard-to-find item that someone here has been looking for and would like me to check the heap to see if I can find it, let me know (off-list). Of course, a picture/good description of the desired item may help me identify it...

Ciao,

Gisela