[NTLK] OT: Vintage Apple stuff, anyone?

Ross Deihm adventuresindining at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 18:09:40 EST 2010

Snap a pic of that g3 with the translucent keyboard if u can. Sounds like a
pismo or wallstreet with a replaced keyboard. Might be worth a look at, I
can always use a new g3!

On Mar 1, 2010 5:58 PM, "G. Isten" <gisela at tariffenet.it> wrote:

At work they're throwing out loads of old Apple stuff. By the end of the
week they need to clear the space. Had a look today, and my heart bleeds...

Lots of SCSI stuff: Iomega SCSI drives (the ones that take 1 and/or 2Gb
cartridges), enclosures for external SCSI disks, SCSI cables, quite a number
of G4s, several SCSI hard drives (like those that MacPlusses and SEs used to
sit on), two black G3 portables (I've never seen a Pismo, but I think they
are; they're black, kinda shapey, and the keyboard of one is translucent,
didn't look at the other), one PowerBook 5300c (not in the best of shapes,
that one), several monitors and printers and scanners (I'm sure I saw two
SCSI Agfa SnapScans and at least one LaserWriter 12/640), zillions of cables
and adapters/connectors (most of which I have no idea what they're for),
modems, you name it, some of it used, some not. It's an area approx. 5 m
long, 1.5 m deep and 1 m high, packed with stuff.

I was in a rush today and just grabbed one bag of cables. Here's a
quick-and-dirty picture of the contents:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/4874770/1/old_gear?h=a72904.

If any of that stuff is useful to anyone here, drop me a note. I'll gladly
ship it off to you in the cheapest possible way. But be warned: I'm in
Italy, so unless it's a really rare item (which I doubt the depicted cable
salad is), postage to the US or elsewhere outside Europe may be too
expensive to make it worth it.

Anyway, if there's any hard-to-find item that someone here has been looking
for and would like me to check the heap to see if I can find it, let me know
(off-list). Of course, a picture/good description of the desired item may
help me identify it...

Ciao,

Gisela