[NTLK] Who here thinks the iPad is a worthy replacement for the Newton?

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Sun Mar 21 20:34:56 EDT 2010

>In a semi-related note, I work for a 12B company, who was (with few but notable exceptions) firmly entrenched in Windows.
>
>I am working with IT to vett the iPhone and by extension (at request of CIO ) the iPad.
>
>I am also typing this on a new company-purchased MacBook Pro, part of testing I am doing based on part of a note I wrote about computer security (excerpt below), sorry for being so long-winded but I am personally jazzed as this is definitely an Apple renaissance. And my last laptop (a MacBook) was personally purchased.

Wow...great job! What you wrote in that email was the best explanation I have ever heard or seen as to why a company--or, by reading between the lines, an individual--should switch to the Mac platform. Very well thought-out and considered.

In the future I might ask you if I could reprint or reproduce that (giving you full credit, of course) in my battles with IT Departments whose heads are stuck--well, let's just say where's not much daylight. ;)

Thanks for that,
--Forrest