[NTLK] Apple acknowledges Newton (sorta)

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Fri May 14 13:04:06 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> It is not too difficult to do, but I have neither the time nor do I feel
> like signing up to get an Apple iPad developer ID ($200)

You know if there were a real interest I'm sure some of us would gladly
financially support the development.

which I need to develop Einstein, which then Apple will never allow in their
> App Store (no emulators, no code not originally written in "C++" or
> "Objective C", not to mention licensing issues with the ROM).

Yeah, BUT I would suggest that if it could be developed then it could or
likely would be installed on a Jail Broken iPad - at the campus here where I
work most if not half or more of the iPads are already jail broken by the IT
staff from what I know and they use it untethered... I'd consider doing that
myself when I get one.

Hm...???

Sonny