[NTLK] How important is the Battery's temperature switch

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Thu Nov 4 19:08:10 EDT 2010

You are correct Tony.  If the thermistor is not present and correctly
connected the the 2x00 or eMate 300 will not charge the battery pack.
However, he may be referring to the safety component that reduces
charge if high temperatures occur.
see
<http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html>
about 7th image

The charge cycle will work just fine without this, but should there be
a short across batteries plastic melting and skin burning temps can be
reached very rapidly.
This should never be omitted.

Woody