[NTLK] HyperNewt

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Sep 1 08:01:41 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Bryan N Iotti <ironsides.medvet at gmx.com> wrote:

>        just thought I'd ask for your opinion on HyperNewt, since I had some trouble with it losing my handwritten notes around...
>
> What have your experiences been with it? Could it be that it was just incorrectly installed (this was the IR install test)?
>
> Is it really that much better, compared to the normal notepad (ok, apart from what you can do with hyperlinks)?
>
> I'll keep playing around with it, see if I can get it to work right.

I used it for quite some time and never experienced any data loss, but
I moved away from it due to performance reasons. I found it to be too
slow after some time of using. Resetting the Newton to clean up heap
helped slightly, but more often than not a backup, brain wipe, and
restore would be the only thing to bring it back to original
performance. Now, I have to do that about once a year anyway, but it
was a more frequent necessity.

And, truthfully, I was just awful with organizing w/folders. So, it
wasn't worth the messiness to me.

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/