[NTLK] Problem with 2.0 Newton Connection Kit on Win7

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:17:03 EDT 2011

On Apr 20, 2011, at 9:14 PM, Dan wrote:

> Ah interesting, must be you are using a 32bit version of windows 7.  The
> 64 bit version won't work as NCU, NCK, etc are 16 bit applications and
> microsoft removed support for in the 64 bit versions of Vista and 7.

Also in 64 bit versions of Windows XP.

This gets really annoying when a program is 32 bit but its installer is 16 bit, like a lot of early Win95-era games.

Also, the version of Quicken that Pocket Quicken can synch with is 16 bit only.

I keep an old Toshiba Libretto around to pull data out of PQ. (The Libretto is actually smaller than the Newton, amusingly enough.)