[NTLK] OT Call for Einstein domain names

Dennis Swaney romad at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 12:45:24 EST 2011

Yes, they can and have done so. A lot of small businesses have been forced
to change their name when a large conglomerate trademarks a name. The
latter then have their shysters file cease and desist motions against the
small business, who can do one of two things: comply or fight it out in
court for the next 10 years.

As for product/market, sometimes that is not even considered. There was a
watch maker (Luxus?) who sued Toyota over the Lexus car name saying it
would cause confusion. Ditto Beretta Arms sued Chevrolet over the car
Beretta though in this case it was slightly valid. See:
http://www.americanrifleman.org/blogs/firearms-trademarks/

--
Sincerely,
Dennis