[NTLK] Beaming from Newton to Mac?

Mark Crutch mark.crutch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:23:13 EST 2011

> There was a set of IrDA enhancements which were sold by Smartdog (??). I think it was called BackTalk or something similar.
> Anyone else remember this?

 I also shelled out for this - it did a great job of letting me "back
up" my contacts to a Palm Pilot, and later a TapWave Zodiac. Other
than that my only use for the IR port was to beam between Newtons, and
to print to an HP laser printer.

When the first iMac was released with an IR port on the front, I
wondered why there wasn't a push by Apple to make it work with the
Newton - in the same way that I still don't understand why Nintendo
don't make a lot more of Wii<=>DS connectivity. I guess that's why I'm
not in marketing.

Mark

--
"The Greys" -  a humourous sci-fi webcomic

Website      http://www.peppertop.com/
Facebook   http://facebook.com/TheGreysComic
Twitter        https://twitter.com/TheGreysComic