[NTLK] [OT] Beaming from Newton to Mac?

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Wed Dec 14 17:13:33 EST 2011

Hi Mark

My children are going to be the fortunate recipients of a new Wii (oldest is
7 yo) and it was one of the first questions I asked too.

It seems that Sony does it between the PSP and the PS3.  But its reportedly
limited:  http://psp.about.com/od/hardwarefirmware/a/pspandps3.htm

We went with the Wii because the games seem more suited for our children
aged 3-7.

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
When the first iMac was released with an IR port on the front, I
wondered why there wasn't a push by Apple to make it work with the
Newton - in the same way that I still don't understand why Nintendo
don't make a lot more of Wii<=>DS connectivity.
[snip]