[NTLK] Newton Museum zip file ETA: A week.

SteveC steve at craftsathome.net
Tue Feb 8 11:02:34 EST 2011

PMFJI

I need a little schooling on this I think.

I was "raised" to ZIP (or ARC or LHA if you're crusty enough to remember
them) anything that goes over the wire because there is a chance a byte in
the middle could be corrupted and you'd need the archive envelope's CRC to
assure integrity of the contents. Maybe DMG already has CRC or similar
functionality, but if it doesn't wouldn't it be safer to even put on minimal
or no compression ZIP just to be sure about the archive reliability?