[NTLK] Low Battery Life on Messagepad 2000 (upgraded to 2100)

Boon Wei Tan aureron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:32:24 EDT 2011

Hello,

Recently, I managed to get my hands on a good condition MP 2000. Its a fantastic product and everything works perfectly, except the battery. Using the AA battery tray, the Messagepad drains my 4 AA alkaline batteries within 2 days. The same applies for the new NiMH rechargeables I bought. All this power drain is happening while under light use.

I have tried to find more information on these online, but to no avail. Many sources tout the long battery life of the MP2*00s, but this doesn't seem to be the case for mine. Can anyone here shed some light on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Many thanks,
Boon Wei