[NTLK] Low Battery Life on Messagepad 2000 (upgraded to 2100)

Santa Matt santamatt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 18:52:36 EDT 2011

Check to see if the IR is set to be active constantly. Àlso there os an app
that keeeps it awake so the screen comes ōn at a touch. Finally, every
Newton comes on at 3:00 am to do clean up. Make sure you have the sleep set
to just a few minutes.

Sent from my Android,
Santa Matt
SantaMatt at gmail.com
 On Jun 11, 2011 2:51 PM, "Boon Wei Tan" <aureron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, I managed to get my hands on a good condition MP 2000. Its a
fantastic product and everything works perfectly, except the battery. Using
the AA battery tray, the Messagepad drains my 4 AA alkaline batteries within
2 days. The same applies for the new NiMH rechargeables I bought. All this
power drain is happening while under light use.

> I have tried to find more information on these online, but to no avail.
Many sources tout the long battery life of the MP2*00s, but this doesn't
seem to be the case for mine. Can anyone here shed some light on this? Any
help would be greatly appreciated. :)