[NTLK] Low Battery Life on Messagepad 2000 (upgraded to 2100)

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Jun 13 15:05:13 EDT 2011

Nope it should last a lot logger than that *unless it is not sleeping).
 Is this with the rechargeable battery?  Or are you using a battery
cage?  One thing you can try is first removing any cards that are in the
slots, and press the reset button holding it for 10-20 seconds.
Sometimes this will fix a problem in the power circuity as the reset
button rests this while a soft rest (via software) won't.  Just make
*sure* you remove all cards.  On occasion a reset via the reset button
will fry a flash (or other) cards.  Doesn't happen every time, but some
people on the list had toasted cards as a result.  I wouldn't take the
chance.

Another thing to try, removing the battery pack and let the newton sit
without power for a hour to over night and see if that makes a difference.

If you are using the rechargeable battery, it could be that the battery
is just about shot and you either need to get a battery cage (and use
either rechargeables or alkalines, have it recelled or get a newly
recelled pack.

-Dan