[NTLK] MP 2100 User Guide Cover

Stefan Thorsteinson Stefan at TeamAircom.com
Tue Mar 22 11:14:23 EDT 2011

Hi Dennis,

Not sure if you're interested... I have plenty of MP2000 user manuals in
great shape. They are all grey scale front cover with blue spine and back
cover.

The only 2100 manual I have is in PDF format from Apple copy write
1997(Packaged on the CD). The front cover is grey scale with "MessagePad
2100 User's Manual" in red type. The back cover is blue. You're welcome to a
copy of it if you like.

Cheers,
Stefan Thorsteinson

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of Dennis B. Swaney
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:45 AM
To: tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Cc: Newtontalk
Subject: Re: [NTLK] MP 2100 User Guide Cover

On 21/03/11 22:43PDT, Tony Kan wrote:
> Hi Dennis
>
> I have an original version of the MP2000 user manual and the front cover
is the
> grey scale picture.  Its highly likely that the original MP2100 manual
followed
> the same color scheme.
>
> Here is my pdf copy of it.  I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader v9 or v10 to
read it.

Yes, that is what I have, though I've reordered the pages into their
correct order. I can't believe that Apple used a colored back cover but
for the front used Grayscale. Earlier Newton manuals used, IIRC, a
black, red, yellow, & white cover. Maybe the Grayscale cover was because
Jobs was going to kill the Newton! ;)

Anyone out there have an original MP 2100 hard-copy manual? That way we
could compare it to the PDF version.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney