[NTLK] Installing the internal Emate memory expansion

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Thu Mar 31 01:51:00 EDT 2011

Make sure all power is removed including disconnecting the battery,
even if you think it's dead.  The installation will erase memory, the
same as a brain wipe.  The installation of this module increases the
bus speed, don't expect much, and changes the memory pattern between
module and logic board.  Should you remove the module and power up the
unit without it, again this will result in erasure.
Expect a few minutes of nerve wracking delay before the reboot chime
occurs.  Pressing the reset button after powering up is a good idea.

Too bad PCB Man's plans to increase internal memory beyond 4m never
happened.

Woody