[NTLK] Of Simple Mail for a Simple Fellow

Scott Hoffman hoffo at gmx.com
Mon Sep 5 21:14:12 EDT 2011

Hi Dan!
     My apologies for the delay.  The settings were spot on like you
mentioned - I got it to downloading only new mail for now and it works
great.
     Still no joy on the SMTP I'm afraid - I could almost swear others here
had been using GMX but I could be wrong.  I think I've found a free email
account which doesn't use SSL but I'd rather try to get GMX working.  I
don't think my ISP requires SSL - it's Time Warner cable.  My setup is as
such - Time Warner cable modem into AirPort Extreme 802.11n base.
Connection on the Newton MP 2000U running the latest OS patch is through a
Lucent WaveLan Gold card.
     I was able to send / receive email just fine with Mail V so I didn't
think that switching to Simple Mail would have caused too many issues.  I
was even using the same GMX account.
     In Owner Info my Simple Mail settings are: POP host as pop.gmx.com.
SMTP host set to smtp.gmx.com.  I don¹t have Authenticate checked, but I
have the password set for both "Set Password" and "Set SMTP login".
     That should be it for the main settings eh?
     I am able to access the 'net and receive email so I know that those
settings are good.
     I've tried "mail.gmx.com" for the SMTP host as well... Reset Newt after
messing with each setting to make sure that wasn't it... What am I missing?
Is there some random package I need to have that I somehow missed?  Which
ones are the ones you have installed which work?

      Thanks again for your time and help.
      Take care,
      Scott Hoffman

--
Sent from my • Apple PowerBook G3 WallStreet II running Mac OS 9.2.2.
Composed with Microsoft Entourage 2001.