[NTLK] OT: Original cost for Infocom games

Larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 21 13:50:54 EST 2012

I had most of them back when they first came out and recall spending a lot of time playing them. I still have them all around here somewhere and if I want to I could start up an Amiga 2000 that I still have around.....
I think I always found them on sale but if I recall right they were around $30 each. I saw that ap for IOS and will download it and play around with Zork, May get all of them and as mentioned $10 for all of them is quite a bargain.

On 2012-12-21, at 12:36 PM, joe kallo wrote:

> Thanks all.
>
> And yeah, I remember them being a non-trivial purchase (as in, I would have
> to beg for a long time before my parents would finally give in and buy
> one).
>
> This discussion started, btw, because sometime recently Activision released
> Treasures of Infocom for iOS. Apparently it's $10 or so for the whole
> bundle. A bargain, though I suspect everyone who is likely to play them
> probably already has them loaded up in Frotz.

Larry
(OMP, 110, 130, 2100, eMate iPad 2, iPad3, iPad Mini)
(Clamshell iBook SE Charcoal, Clamshell iBook Bondi Blue, G4 Powerbook, iMac Bondi Blue, iMac Core 2 Duo)