[NTLK] OT: Original cost for Infocom games

joe kallo quietglow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:05:15 EST 2012

I should also say that the IF community is alive and strong. It's based
mostly around a yearly competition held in October every year:

http://www.ifcomp.org/

Lots of fun, free games to play. Though I love the original infocom
offerings, the genre got better when you no longer had to code the games in
LISP (or whatever it was they originally used).

Newton content ahoy: Yazi! was the newt's z-interpreter (the program you
use to play interactive fiction) and a damn fine one. I think it was the
last piece of software I bought for the device. The first version was a
little slow, but I had a beta of the v2 which was awesome. The MP2100 was
an excellent platform for IF, still the best I've ever used.