[NTLK] Internet connection os1.x (UPDATE)

Tom Zahm tpzahm at newted.org
Sat Jul 14 17:07:31 EDT 2012

I've also had luck, many years ago, in connecting my MP120 to a Unix box via a serial line.  (Actually, it was a NeXTstation.)  Every morning before I got up, the Newton would check for mail and it would be ready for reading when I was.

The secret was to get the Unix box to expect a connection from something other than a TTY.  I'm afraid I've forgotten the details, but could probably look them up.

I imagine the same arrangement could be made on a Mac OS X box, if you had a serial connection, via a USB-to-serial adapter.