[NTLK] USB-Serial adapter NCX compatibility

Michael mlheureux at online.fr
Wed Jun 20 09:22:19 EDT 2012

Hi,

Lately, I've been having a bit of trouble getting my Newton 2k1 talking to
my PowerBook G4 with an ad-hoc WiFi network, although I'm sure I'd gotten
it to work before...

I'm thinking of going the less-hassle route of connecting via serial port.
 Is the Keyspan adapter the only USB-serial adapter that works with NCX?
 Or can I use any one that has Mac drivers?  How about the Keyspan USB to
RS-232?

The ones I'm looking at in particular are these:

Keyspan USB to DIN-8 (USA-28X)
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16330868615

Keyspan USB to RS-232 (USA-19)
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16472620193

I'm guessing that the first one should work 100% fine with no problems....
but the second one is half the price...

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Thanks for the advice!

Michael