[NTLK] Participants required "community" research survey

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 18:23:45 EDT 2012

~~~ On 2012/03/18 14:46, Jon Glass at jonglass at usa.net wrote ~~~

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Lord Groundhog
> <LordGroundhog at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity, when did NewtonTalk start and who were the first
>> generation?  Is there a history of the list -- sorry, "the community" --
>> somewhere on the intertubes?
>>

> The list was started in the mid-90s by a fellow named Sean O'Shaughnessey.
> He wrote to Grant a while ago, and Grant posted his email here. I'm copying
> the most of it below:...
> *snip*

Thanks Jon.  I recognize all those names except Sean O'Shaughnessey's.  But
I wasn't really clear on how all the pieces fit together (no offence to all
you who are "pieces").  By the time I got here in 2005 NewtonTalk was just
there, if you know what I mean.

It might be interesting if a brief history of NewtonTalk could be put
together and stuck someplace handy.  Do we merit a page in Wikipedia, or
somewhere a little less ambitious?

Just thinking aloud ‹ it's a Sunday evening here and my mind is freewheeling
in preparation for the new week.

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke