[NTLK] Participants required "community" research survey

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 19:54:03 EDT 2012

Hello,

>It might be interesting if a brief history of NewtonTalk could be put together
>and stuck >someplace handy.

As exasperatingly usual for NewtonTalk, someone else has thought of this
already:

http://www.newtontalk.net/faq/

(A brief history of the list is in section three ["General List Info and
History"].  I can't seem to link to that section directly, so please scroll down
until you get to it.)

The history could probably do with an update.  I, too, am a relative n00b
myself, but I'm guessing that Grant Hutchinson was promoted from assistant list
admin (as he is listed) a good half-decade ago. However, between what it says in
the FAQ and Jon Glass' recent post, there's probably enough material to piece
things together, even for us new guys. :)

>Do we merit a page in Wikipedia, or somewhere a little less ambitious?

Rightly or wrongly, I suspect Newtontalk's reputation might precede it by now:

http://www.tek-ed.com/readme.cfm?id=273

("Religiosity in the Abandoned Apple Newton Brand Community" Newton package from
Ed Kummel's site).

>Just thinking aloud it's a Sunday evening here and my mind is freewheeling
>in preparation for the new week.

I'm still trying to come to terms with last week, myself, so you're ahead of me
there. :)

Best,

James Fraser