[NTLK] J&K Sales, Inc. Complete Newton Inventory

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:15:22 EDT 2012

~~~ On 2012/03/23 02:55, James Fraser at
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ps5rql
>
> Stefan, do you suppose you might have enough MessagePads on hand to spell out
> "Newton"? (Or better still, "NewtonTalk"?)  Just a thought. [shrugs]

I counted 100 keyboards, but hey, they're IBM, right?

Does your friend still have all those?   This picture gave me an idea for
re-roofing my house.  :-)

But seriously, I love the idea of spelling out "NewtonTalk" in Newton gear.
That would be such a lovely sight!  Even Apple never tried that did they?
Which font should it be in?  Espy?

Downside:  he's got 2700 lbs of the stuff.  That's a lot of manpower just
shifting it to where he's going to store it, and arranging it so it's useful
and accessible when it comes time to sell it on to us.  I'm assuming he
won't be able to keep it on pallets and move them on forks so that's all
hand-unstacking and restacking.  He might find the extra work involved in
some impromptu formation-Newtons a bit much.

Stefan, I'm sorry I can't be there to lend an extra pair of hands.  I'm sure
we all are.  And again, thanks.

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke