[NTLK] MP2100 error message -- internal memory full??

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Fri May 11 00:12:09 EDT 2012

Christian:

I believe your misfortune could be at least partially caused by the
dreaded Mail V Memory Leak (assuming you use Mail V). Take a look at
this:

http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/2011-February/005532.html

Contents thereof:

"On Feb 16, 2011, at 7:51 PM, Open Slate Project <osp at aloha.com>
wrote:

 > Ah yes, the mailv memory leak, I remember it. I would have to look
back at my notes for the precise solution, basic idea is to use two
memory cards, configure mailv to save to card, and from time to time
wipe the mp to recover memory. Scarry the first time but not that bad,
a lingering annoyance.
 > --
 >
 > DouglasMcComber <mccomber at eastlink.ca> wrote:
 >
 > Hi, I'm new to NOS and I've got Mail V running successfully (I'm
getting this list with it). The problem is, even though I am deleting
email after I've read it, I am running out of storage (eMate 300, not
external storage card) as if I didn't delete them. I've checked "All
Items" to be sure and there is nothing in my In/Out box whatsoever. I
have SBM Utilities and have from the cleaner which reclaimed about
47kb but prior to receiving list emails I had over 200kb free and
haven't installed anything since. Thanks,
Doug____________________________________________

I recall reading somewhere that if you save MailV to a storage card,
occasionally back it up, format the card and restore its data...you'll
be able to reclaim that lost space.

Can't recall where I read that, though....

--Forrest

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4"

That should be corrected for clarity: the backup of the storage card
should be to a computer, not to a storage card...unless you have a
second storage card. The point is, by saving what's on the storage
card elsewhere, reformatting it and restoring its contents, you will
reclaim the lost capacity.

Even if you don't use MailV it couldn't hurt to try this.

Hope that helps,

--Forrest

Thanks,
--Forrest

•Have iPad questions? I'm the Mesa (AZ) iPad Examiner...see what I
write about at http://exm.nr/HYeN8K+
•Twitter: @FBuffenmyer