[NTLK] MP2100 error message -- internal memory full??

Simon Bell simonbell at me.com
Fri May 11 05:10:20 EDT 2012

I can’t offer a solution to your missing store space, Christian, but at the mention of MailV I felt compelled to jump in.

I believe there is a problem with the Newton OS store system.

There, I have said it. Specifically, if you allocate a Virtual Binary Object (VBO) and subsequently resize it so it becomes smaller, the difference in size is not reclaimed by the OS. There are no pointers to this lost space and it is unrecoverable; a reformat of the memory is required to regain it.

The problem shows up in MailV because allocating and resizing VBOs is what MailV does all the time. I can’t believe MailV is the ONLY app to do this, but I have no data for other apps.

If you haven’t changed the way you work, and available memory has been in line with your expectations over time, then I doubt the this is the cause of a sudden drop in free store space.

I would try Tony’s and Woody’s suggestions - and don’t worry, it’ll be fine!

Simon