[NTLK] [OT] Sandy threatens financial/economic Armageddon

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 23:41:13 EDT 2012

Most of this is pointless fearmongering. I will address one point specifically.

On Oct 27, 2012, at 3:02 PM, Bob Carls Dudney wrote:
>  The last time a hurricane hit
> New York over a hundred years ago,

What, the Chesapeke-Potomac Hurricane, New England Hurricane, Great Atlantic Hurricane, Hurricane Hazel, Hurricane Carol, Hurricane Edna, Hurricane Connie, Hurricane Flossy, Hurricane Gracie, Hurricane Donna, Hurricane Esther, Hurricane Daisy, Hurricane Gladys, Hurricane Isabel, Hurricane Gerda, Hurricane Agnes, Hurricane Belle, Hurricane David, Hurricane Bob, Hurricane Gloria, Hurricane Hugo, Hurricane Bob (popular name for hurricanes, I guess), Hurricane Bertha, Hurricane Danny, Hurricane Dennis, Hurricane Floyd, Hurricane Gordon, Hurricane Isidore, Hurricane Isabel, Hurricane Alex, Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Gaston, Hurricane Frances, Hurricane Cindy, the last bits of Hurricane Katrina (hey, it had enough oomph left to knock out power at the Canadian border), Hurricane Ernesto, Hurricane Hanna, Hurricane Bill, and Hurricane Irene  don't count?

I didn't bother with tropical storms and named nor'easters.

--Aaron  (who grew up in the NY metro area.)